The purpose of confirmation is to help confirmands:
* Personally confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and take personal ownership in declaring, by the power of the Holy Spirit, their own allegiance to Christ;
* Eagerly explore the awesomeness of God and the mysteries of faith;
* Identify themselves as members, as a unique and special part of the body of Christ, as Lutheran and members of a local congregation;
* Regularly participate in public worship and the reception of holy communion, engage in personal and group Bible study and its application to life, strive to lead God-pleasing lives and offer services to God by serving others;
* Celebrate the relationships that they have with God as their personal God who loves them graciously, their pastor and other confirmation staff people, their peers participating in the confirmation process, their family and other members of their congregation.
* Confirmation classes are for youth in grades 6-8. Classes are on Wednesdays from 4:00 to 5:30 PM.
Bethel’s Jr. High Youth have the opportunity to participate in a confirmation retreat at Walcamp Outdoor Ministries in Kingston, IL one weekend each winter.
Here’s a link to Walcamp’s website so that you can check out the retreat facilities – www.walcamp.org
Confirmation Worship Service
Bethel’s 8th graders will confirm their faith in Jesus as their Savior on Sunday, May 7 at 11am worship. All are welcome to join as they share their faith on Thursday, May 4 at 7pm. Please contact Alane at email@example.com for questions about the confirmation worship service.
For any questions, please contact Raechel Pfotenhauer at firstname.lastname@example.org